Thesis Eleven40 : A responsive Thesis 2.0 skin

Not talking much, here is my latest Skin for Thesis 2.0, Thesis Eleven40

Eleven40 is based on the popular 1140 Grid System It’s a simple, elegant and responsive skin that will fit well on all screen sizes, from wide screen monitors to small screen handheld devices.

thesis-eleven40

Responsive Design

Demo:

Click here for the demo.

Download:

You can buy the Skin

Support:

If you face any issues using this Skin or have any questions feel free to e-mail me and I will write back in 24hours at my best!

Features:

• Responsive and elegant design.
  • Landing page template. Click here for demo
  • Header Widget area : add a custom WordPress menu or put your banner ad. It’s all possible!
  • Footer Widgets: A 3 column footer widget area.

Installation:

Go to Thesis admin page and click on Select Skin under Skins dropdown. Click Upload Skin and upload the ZIP file. Once the upload is complete, activate it.

After activating the theme go to Skin Editor’s CSS section and click Save and Compile CSS button. If you face any issues, reach me via this form.

Coming Soon: Custom template for Landing pages.

And now the long story is, I messed up with this Skin almost 3 times while I was working on it. While moving the boxes using shift+drag , I accidentally did moved the scroll button on my mouse and that meant “refresh page” in FireFox. Weird! And this is a known bug, if you refresh the page while template save is in progress then you have screwed it up!

The only way to fix it up is do a manual check on seed.php file and delete some repeated / duplicate array elements. Save it. Install a fresh copy of WP, Thesis and then put your skin in place. This is how we learn, as we grow. Huh? :)

Not to say again, I am in love with Thesis 2.0 and I am going to play around with it more. Stay tuned for some more trials and experiments from me.

Get free e-mail updates

{ 31 comments… add one }

• Dr. Lawrence Kindo October 17, 2012, 4:20 pm

Both the Skins you have developed for Thesis 2.0 are absolutely stunning. Kudos! You have a genuinely big heart. Keep it up!

• Puneet October 17, 2012, 6:22 pm

Thanks Lawrence!

• Søren Larsen Pedersen October 17, 2012, 5:35 pm

Hi!

The theme looks great – I would love some guidance on how to implement media queries for responsive web design. Should I just add them in the “Custom CSS”-editor?

Best regards,

Søren Larsen Pedersen

• Puneet October 17, 2012, 6:16 pm

Hi Soren!

Thanks for the appreciation.
      Yes, you can add media queries to custom CSS section. That’s the only “best” way I am aware of, till date. Let’s see if something new comes out after documentation and user guide are released.

• Søren Larsen Pedersen October 17, 2012, 6:27 pm

Hi again Puneet,

You are very welcome! Using the custom CSS section just seems like a stupid way of adding the media queries because it’s kind of hard to “code properly” in a standard textarea.

• Puneet October 17, 2012, 6:31 pm

I understand that. For now, you can use a code editor, write your media queries and paste it to Custom CSS. I do not see any other way of doing so ;-)

• Søren Larsen Pedersen October 17, 2012, 6:32 pm

I am doing it that way now too ;-) – but it just seems like adding an extra step in styling your site :)

• Brian Clark October 17, 2012, 7:16 pm

You must be so proud to steal the work of others. Easier than creating something yourself, right?

• Uttam Pegu October 17, 2012, 9:06 pm

Can you please throw some more light on it ? Any link from where this design is stolen ?

• FJTerry October 18, 2012, 8:54 am

First, your arrogant, passive-agressive, snide persona, and commentary have negative value.

Second, the author /created/ the theme with the new, undocumented Thesis 2.x.

The design concepts existed before that, firstly, on the 1140 grid system. Secondly, sure, the design is surely inspired by, big surprise, the commercial theme of the same /name/.

Are you that thick and arrogant and trolling? Seriously?

The guy coded up a (the first I am aware of) responsive theme based on a freely-available 1140 grid framework, and taking the lead from another sensible and often-reapted layout/design.

Big deal.

Have you ever doodled a picture of something you’ve seen before?

- Thief!

Have you ever sung along to a song in the car?

- Jerk! Song burglar!

Have you ever used a pick up line on a girl that you read about or heard elsewhere?

- {sound of crickets}

• Robert October 17, 2012, 7:48 pm

The theme looks great and clean :) Nice design

• Ankit October 20, 2012, 1:08 pm

A great job done by a very hardworking person,
    appreciate the efforts put in here!

Do not worry much about constructive criticism (yes I found it constructive)
    Beginning of everything is always bumpy! keep up good work

• Zimbrul October 25, 2012, 7:58 pm

Man, this looks like Eleven40 from StudioPress, the child theme for Genesis!

• William C Allen October 27, 2012, 7:44 am

Nice theme, really clean. I like that a lot. One quick question…are we free to upload a logo or a header? Do we have both options with this theme?

• Puneet October 27, 2012, 11:22 am

You can upload a logo as well as header image. To upload the header image, you can follow my tutorial but I don’t think a header image will look good as the current header has a background image which adds to the look and feel.

• Dawson November 3, 2012, 12:44 am

Very clean design and the first Pro thesis skin. Keep up the good work :)

• Collins November 25, 2012, 8:55 am

What is and function of landing page in themes. There’s alwayz a landing page in all genesis theme. Pls xplain

• Puneet November 26, 2012, 9:01 pm

Hi Collins

You can use landing page templates for building sales page, lead generation page, product promotion page etc. Landing page template provide a distraction free content to readers. In much simpler terms, you can think of a promotional flyer for your product / services etc.

• Neil Desai November 26, 2012, 7:17 pm

Thanks Puneet for the good work. I’m really impressed with the skin. I was in the process of creating my own responsive skin for my blog but your skin saved me a lot of time.

Cheers

Neil

• Puneet November 26, 2012, 8:59 pm

Hi Neil,
      Glad to know that my skin helped you build your blog.
      Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. :)

• David Landen January 7, 2013, 10:26 pm

Puneet,
    The Eleven40 is an excellent responsive skin! I searched the internet and from what I found the Eleven40 is the best!
    Thanks,
    David Landen

• Sadek January 30, 2013, 8:02 pm

I have a thesis skin site with quiet a good amount of highly targeted visitor. I donot see any kind of affiliate program for you themes. I am interested to promote your themes. so let me know.

• Puneet January 30, 2013, 11:46 pm

Hi Sadek!
      Thanks for your kind offer. It’s on my list and I will let you know once the system is setup. :)

• Sadek February 1, 2013, 9:23 am

Thank you. BTW why don’t you use Clickbank or Commission Junction instead.

• Puneet February 2, 2013, 9:40 am

I haven’t tried those. EDD by Pippin is a really nice, easy to use plugin for WP. It has some addons for affiliate that I plan to use very soon.

• Sadek April 26, 2013, 12:01 pm

Well Clickbank, CJ and shareasale are legitimate service, and increases legitimity of your affiliate program.
            I generally do not believe too much on in-house affiliate programs after being scammed by ipage for more than $2000.
            BTW: I am not saying that all in-house affiliate systems are like that, though using a 3rd party system is always better than in-house system.

• Puneet April 28, 2013, 1:02 am

Thanks for your inputs Sadek. I will review these options.

• Tiep Thi Lien Ket March 30, 2013, 11:51 pm

Great theme, I will buy it for my customer.